EPA Releases Integrated Reporting Memo
EPA has released the Clean Water Act Sections 303(d), 305(b), and 314 integrated reporting memorandum for the 2014 reporting cycle. This memorandum provides clarification on existing policy and regulations, including recommendations and options for states as they develop their 2014 integrated water quality reports. Specifically, this memorandum focuses on:
1) timeliness of State Integrated Report submissions and EPA approval;
2) recommendations for the appropriate consideration of Natural Conditions to support removing a water from or not including a water on the 303(d) list;
3) potential approaches for identifying nutrient-related impaired waters for the 303(d) list based on narrative nutrient water quality criteria and/or direct evidence of failure to support designated uses;
4) an update on tools and formats for submitting IR data to EPA - Assessment and Total Maximum Daily Load Tracking and Implementation System (ATTAINS); and
5) an update on EPA's development of guidance on how States can address antidegradation policies and procedures in their Section 303(d) programs.
Click here for more information.
Source: US EPA