The SOIL Fund, 2012 and Beyond
Show Off Your Best Shots
Do you have some great photos from the job site? Have you seen
brilliant ideas? Or have you witnessed things going terribly wrong?
Enter your photos in the IECA Photo Contest for your chance at fame.
Selected photos will appear at Environmental Connection 2012 in Las
Vegas, Nevada, where voting will take place onsite by attendees. Winning
photos will receive ribbons, will be posted on IECA’s website, and may
be featured in the members’ only publication Environmental Connection or in Erosion Control magazine.
How to Enter
Complete the application form found on IECA’s website and
return it with your photo(s) to the address listed at the bottom of the
application no later than December 31, 2011. Entering the IECA Photo
Contest is FREE, so send in those pictures!
Categories include the following:
- Before and After
- Impacts of Erosion & Sediment
- Technology in Action
- Erosion Control Bloopers
Rules and Guidelines
- Photos must be submitted electronically on CD or disk.
- Photo resolution must be 300 dpi or higher. The higher the resolution, the better your image will appear.
- Photos will be accepted only in jpg, tif, gif, or bitmap formats.
- You must include a brief description for each submittal. See the entry form for details.
- Entries will be screened for eligibility. IECA has the right of refusal for any or no cause.
- Photos may only be submitted to for entry to the Annual Photo Content once. Re-entries will be discarded.
- Individual image files may not exceed 10 MB in size.
For questions about the Photo Contest, please contact IECA at email@example.com.
winner in the Before & After category last year, this photo shows
river restoration for streambank erosion using a live wooden crib wall
with willow stakes for bank stabilization and protection. Photos were
taken in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal, in August and October 2010 by Rita
Santos Sousa of Wallmuro, Lda.
IECA would like to thank those who submitted photos into the 14th
Annual Photo Contest last year. Photos were on display at EC11, IECA’s
42nd Conference & Expo in Orlando, Florida, this past February.
Pictured here are the winning photos from the Before and After category.
Visit IECA’s web site at http://www.ieca.org/photogallery/2011photocontestwinners.asp to view all of the EC11 winners and entries.